Supertram essential engineering works – Sunday 21 May
Please be advised that Supertram will be carrying out essential rail replacement works on Ridgeway Road. These works form part of their ongoing maintenance programme and are critical to extend the lifespan of the tram network and maintain the reliable, comfortable and safe level of service customers have come to expect.
The rail replacement works are scheduled to take place in the evenings from Monday 15 May whilst the tram is out of service. However, works will also take place through the day and night on Sunday 21 May which will affect Blue and Purple Route tram services.
Supertram has posted letters to all affected local residents and businesses notifying them of the proposed works and any disruptions they may cause.
How will the works affect tram services?
To allow the essential engineering works to take place on Ridgeway Road, Blue and Purple route services will be subject to alteration on Sunday 21 May.
Trams will operate as follows:
- Blue Route services will operate between Malin Bridge and Sheffield Station only. Granville Road/The Sheffield College, Park Grange Croft, Park Grange, Arbourthorne Road, Spring Lane, Manor Top, Hollinsend, Gleadless Townend, White Lane, Birley Lane, Birley Moor Road, Hackenthorpe, Donetsk Way, Moss Way, Crystal Peaks, Beighton/Drakehouse Lane, Waterthorpe, Westfield and Halfway tram stops will not be served
- Purple Route services will not operate
- Yellow Route and Tram Train services will operate as normal.
Alternative services and ticket acceptance
For those needing to travel on Sunday 21 May, the following services are available as an alternative to the tram.
- Service 120 between Halfway, Crystal Peaks, Manor Top and City
- Services 51 Gleadless Townend, White Lane and City
- Services 1a and 11 between Herdings and City.
Valid tram tickets will be accepted on these local bus services operating in the affected areas.
Visit travelsouthyorkshire.com for up-to-date bus timetables and journey planning tools.
How are these changes being communicated to passengers?
Customer notices will be posted at affected tram stops. Supertram is advising customers of the disruption to services via their website https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/yorkshire/2023/may/engineering-works-affecting-blue-and-purple-routes-on-21-may and on Twitter at @SCSupertram.
We are also providing information to passengers via our Travel South Yorkshire channels, where we bring together information from all of the bus, tram and train operators. The above details will be added to our news and updates page at travelsouthyorkshire.com/en-gb/newsupdates/latest-news. Customers planning journeys are advised to use the Journey Planner at journeyplanner.travelsouthyorkshire.com or call Traveline on 01709 515151.
We will also be sharing information about the changes via our @TravelSYorks Twitter feed.