We are trying to help our community by signposting you to different places where you can save money.
Within the Parish:
- We hold a school uniform swap shop in our Parish council and offer free school uniform to everyone within the Parish. Just let us know which school your child attends, their gender and size and we’ll let you know what we have for you – completely for free. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- We also help Chapelgreen Community Forum to offer family hampers at Easter, Summer and Christmas for those families who need an extra boost in the holidays, as well as meals for the vulnerable. Keep your eyes peeled to our Facebook Page @ecclesfieldparishcouncil for more information.
- High Green Community shop is open at High Green Development Trust Campus (S35 3HY) for discounted homeware and clothing, it is open Mon / Weds / Fri 10:00 – 1:30, Tues / Thurs 10:00 -1:30 and Saturday 10:00 – 12:30
- The Campus Food Bank is open to all as follows, Monday’s 9am – 11am and Wednesdays 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Chapelgreen Community fridge is open every Saturday between 11am – 1pm at High Green Development Trust Campus (S35 3HY) which is open to ALL members of the community can pick up food completely for free to help fight food waste.
- In our Parish there is also Chapelgreen Advice Centre who are open to offer help and advice across a number of areas. Call 0114 245 3262 to book an appointment.
- Ecclesfield library is opening up as a warm space Mondays 12 – 4, Wednesdays 10-4, Fridays 10-4 and Saturdays 10-12, open for people to pop in and keep warm. Thorncliffe Health and Leisure Centre will also be opening up as a warm space on Wednesdays between 1-pm and Thursdays 9:30am – 11:30am.
If you are concerned in terms of fuel poverty Sheffield City council have some tips: Help and advice on money issues | Sheffield City Council.
Yorkshire Water have also issued some advice which can be viewed by clicking this link: Yorkshire Water – Support in paying your bills – Ecclesfield Parish Council (ecclesfield-pc.gov.uk)
Sheffield is going to be hosting ‘Welcoming Places’ too which is a space where people can go and get a drink and stay warm for free. Sheffield City Council are hoping to put together a directory of these spaces, please see the link for more details: Welcoming Places