Pictured above: Councillor Tim Whitaker launching the ‘No Mow’ May campaign with Community Coordinator Emma Mainwaring
As a Parish we are trying to become a little more environmentally friendly and have lots of different projects to ensure we become a little ‘greener’. These include:
- Keep Our Parish Tidy – Group litter picking efforts to keep out Parish tidy
- School Uniform swap shop – We have a bank of school uniform for schools across the Parish, just call us with your child’s clothing size and school they attend and we’ll let you know what we have available to collect for free! This is great environmentally for the planet as we are reusing rather than buying new, while also saving parents some money! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements.
- No mow May – Including ‘scaremow’ scarecrows highlighting the benefits to refraining from mowing your grass
- Our walking website – Shows different walking routes around the parish, encouraging the community to enjoy where they live and keep active to stay healthy https://www.ecclesfield-parish-walks.co.uk/
- Hedgehog friendly parish
- Plastic free – We have signed up to become plastic free and are working on a project plan to get there. Our first plastic free event is going to be a Community clean up skip day on Angram Bank Park, 2nd July. More details will be released soon.