We meet between 10am and 1pm on a Thursday morning at the Memorial garden at the side of Newton Hall. The aim of the Group is to champion the needs of the Chapeltown area to improve the social and economic prospects for all residents and the promotion of a Community spirit by:
· Undertaking regular litter picks to ensure a pleasant environment for the residents of Chapeltown and regular visitors to the area.
· Working with the City Council, EPC, local businesses, community, and the Local Area Panel to ensure the needs of the people of Chapeltown and its environment are given due consideration and included appropriately in any strategies / local area agreements. Tidy up identified Grot spots in the area.
· Identifying external funding opportunities and submitting applications for grant aid, where appropriate.
· The removal of graffiti.
· The renovation of community buildings.
· Fundraising activities in support of charities and other philanthropic organizations.
· Holding social events such as barbeques, summer fayres, etc.
· Working with partner groups.