Please be advised that Supertram will be carrying out essential rail replacement works on Park Grange Road. These works form part of their ongoing maintenance programme and are critical to extend the lifespan of the tram network and maintain the reliable, comfortable and safe level of service customers have come to expect.
The rail replacement works are scheduled to take place in the evenings this week whilst the tram is out of service. However, works on the evening of Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 March will affect Blue and Purple Route tram services.
How will the works affect tram services?
To allow the essential engineering works to take place on Park Grange Road, Blue and Purple route services will be subject to alteration on Saturday 25 March and Sunday 26 March as follows:
Saturday 25 March
There will be no tram service between Gleadless Townend and Halfway after around 22:00. Later Blue route services will divert to operate to and from Herdings Park, to the times below:
Sunday 26 March
There will be no tram service between Sheffield Station, Halfway and Herdings Park after around 21:00.
Services on the Blue and Purple routes will continue to operate as advertised until the following times:
• The last service to run from Malin Bridge all the way to Halfway will be the 20:26.
• The 20:56 service from Malin Bridge will operate to Herdings Park, returning to Cricket Inn Road via Cathedral at 21:44
• The 21:26, 21:56, 22:26 and 22:56 services from Malin Bridge will terminate at Sheffield Station
• The 22:00 service from Herdings Park will depart at the earlier time of 21:51, operating to Cricket Inn Road via Cathedral.
• All later services on Blue and Purple routes will not operate.
Alternative services and ticket acceptance
For those needing to travel on the evening of Sunday 26 March, the following services are available as an alternative to the tram.
• Service 120 between Halfway, Crystal Peaks, Manor Top and City
• Services 51 to and from Gleadless Townend and White Lane
• Service 11 to and from Herdings.
Valid tram tickets will be accepted on these local bus services operating in the affected areas.
How are these changes being communicated to passengers?