To allow essential track replacement works to take place, there will be changes to some services after around 22:00 on Monday 3 April and Tuesday 4 April
On Monday 03 April 2023:
There will be no service between Shalesmoor, Middlewood and Malin Bridge after around 22:00. Later Yellow route services will operate between Meadowhall and Shalesmoor with later Blue services operating between Halfway and Shalesmoor.
Summary of changes.
- The last Halfway to Malin Bridge service will be 20:47 from Halfway and the last Malin Bridge to Halfway service will be 21:50
- The last Meadowhall to Middlewood service will be 20:50 and the last Middlewood to Meadowhall service will be 21:32
- Trams will operate to published times from Halfway and Meadowhall to Shalesmoor
- Trams will operate to published times from Shalesmoor to Meadowhall and Halfway except trams will depart Shalesmoor one minute earlier than normal
- An additional service Shalesmoor to Cricket Inn Road will operate at 21:52.
- The 23:50 from Meadowhall to Cathedral will operate to Shalesmoor
Valid tram tickets will be accepted on local bus services operating in the affected areas. Services include the 57 Stocksbridge Flyer for customers between City, Shalesmoor and Middlewood, the 81/82 for customers between Shalesmoor and Malin Bridge. Other services operating to/from the Hillsborough area include the 7, 52 and 86.
On Tuesday 04 April 2023:
There will be no service between Sheffield Station, Halfway and Herdings Park after around 22:00. Later Blue route services of the evening will operate between Malin Bridge and Sheffield Station. The Purple route will not operate.
Summary of changes.
- The last Malin Bridge to Halfway service will be 20:20 and the last service from Halfway through to Malin Bridge will be at 21:17
- The 20:50 from Malin Bridge will run as normal to Gleadless Townend and then divert to Herdings Park
- An additional Purple route service will operate from Herdings Park via Cathedral to Cricket Inn Road at 21:39
- The last Herdings Park service will be 21:21 from Cathedral, returning from Herdings Park earlier than normal at 21:47, continuing from Cathedral to Cricket Inn Road.
- Later Blue route services from Malin Bridge will operate to Sheffield Station (or Cricket Inn Road as per the timetable) at their normal times
- Later Blue route services that normally run from Halfway will start from Sheffield Station one minute earlier than normal then operate at their normal times to Malin Bridge. Services that normally run Halfway to Cricket Inn Road are cancelled
- Later Purple route services are cancelled.
Valid tram tickets will be accepted on local bus services operating in the affected areas. Services include the 51 for customers travelling to/from Gleadless Townend/White Lane, the 120 for customers travelling between City, Manor Top and Halfway and the service 11 for customers travelling to/from Herdings Park.
Alternative services and ticket acceptance
Visit travelsouthyorkshire.com for up-to-date bus timetables and journey planning tools.
How are these changes being communicated to passengers?
Customer notices will be posted at affected tram stops. Supertram is advising customers of the disruption to services via their website https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/yorkshire/2023/april/engineering-works-on-3-and-4-april and on Twitter at @SCSupertram.
We are also providing information to passengers via our Travel South Yorkshire channels, where we bring together information from all of the bus, tram and train operators. The above details will be added to our news and updates page at travelsouthyorkshire.com/en-gb/newsupdates/latest-news. Customers planning journeys are advised to use the Journey Planner at journeyplanner.travelsouthyorkshire.com or call Traveline on 01709 515151.