Please see the information and links below regarding a South Yorkshire Enhanced Partnership Statutory Consultation
South Yorkshire Enhanced Partnership Statutory Consultation
I am writing to inform you about a consultation that is being launched to ask residents, visitors, community groups and businesses across South Yorkshire for their views on proposals to transform the region’s bus services.
As requested by the Government, we have written a Bus Services Improvement Plan (BSIP) to set out our ambitions for bus services. This BSIP is evidence based, including the findings of the South Yorkshire Bus Review conducted in 2019-20.
We have bold ambitions:
- a cap on daily and weekly fares and free travel for under 18s
- a faster, more reliable and punctual system
- a better bus experience
- a new zero emission bus fleet
We have taken the ambitions set out in the BSIP and captured them in our proposed Enhanced Partnership Plan and Scheme. A copy of the Statutory Notice regarding this proposal is attached for your information and can also be found on https://southyorkshire-ca.gov.uk/Explore_Transport.
The Plan and Scheme are statutory documents which require consultation by law under the Transport Act 2000, section 138F. They make up a proposed joint agreement with bus operators, local highway authorities and the South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority that sets out deliverable actions for us to take forward to improve bus services over the next few years.
The consultation opened on Friday 7 January and runs until Sunday 20 February 2022.
We are encouraging as many people as possible to have their say in this consultation and we would like you to help us promote the consultation and encourage people to have their say too.
For more information about the proposals to transform the region’s bus services and to take part in the consultation please visit: www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/EnhancedPartnership or https://southyorkshire-ca.gov.uk/South-Yorkshire-Enhanced-Partnership.
Paper copies are available from an Interchange Customer Service desk which are located at:
- Sheffield Interchange, Archway Centre, Pond Square, Sheffield, S1 2BD
- Meadowhall Interchange, Meadowhall Road, Sheffield, S9 1EP
- Hillsborough Interchange, 540 Langsett Road, Hillsborough, Sheffield, S6 2LX
- Arundel Gate Interchange, 30 Arundel Gate, Sheffield, S1 2PP
- Rotherham Interchange (Forge Island), Corporation Street, Rotherham, S60 1NG
- Doncaster Frenchgate Interchange, Off Trafford Way, Doncaster, DN1 1PJ
- Barnsley Interchange, Eldon Street North, Barnsley, S70 1SE